Friday, June 1, 2012

Trivia in my head

Do you remember the year at the Grammy Awards where Faith Hill stepped in at the last moment for Whitney Houston? I do. Do you know the names of the bronze pigs in Rundle Mall in Adelaide? I do- Horatio, Oliver, and Truffles for the record. They were named by children in a competition. Do you remember the show on Oprah where Peter Walsh was helped the lady who was a hoarder and her husband showed hoarder tendencies by being unable to shred his receipts until he'd looked at each one of the thousands. Do you link people's looks and find similarities between say Sean Young and Lorraine Bracco; Brad Pitt and Benicio Del Torro; Susan Sarrandon and Leslie Warren or people you know and movie stars. I have said for years that my god-daughter reminded me of Uma Thurman and she did some new face matching app the other day on her phone and laughed hilariously when the match that was revealed for her face and a movie star was indeed Uma Thurman. Maybe that could be a new job for me matching people to their most likely superstar.  Trivia like that comes to me day in and day out. It drifts across my mind and out again. And I love it and love that I can do that but find there's not much place for it in the day to day doings of my life. Feeding it more now is the use of the Ipad and you tube. Don't you love it. I can check up on any one and see what's happened in their life from start to finish in some cases. We can flick from their very first post to the end days of their lives in a matter of minutes and we can refresh our memories on singers that we've forgotten. I'd forgotten all about Toni Braxton and her beautiful song 'Unbreak my Heart'. And then I found it and her powerhouse performance at the Grammys. Wow. Now she's in my life again and I'm watching her and her sister's in their reality show and it's all so familiar again. It makes me realize that it really is all about that five minutes of fame for everyone. The stars of today won't all be remembered in fact only a few. Wow U-tube gives you access to people like the famous lady conductor of the 1930's can't remember her name but man was she sexy in her backless gowns and the way she moved with her all girl orchestra. Will add the name later. It's a circle she was so advanced then and must have been shocking to many. We see that again now with the choirs and orchestras moving and creating movement as they entertain with their voices. I thought it was all new but this lady was doing it in the 1930's. What an innovator. Be the change you want to see that's what Gandhi said. Be the change you want to see. That's fabulous- keep embracing life and challenge yourself go for something a little outrageous and see how you feel Like my nameless blonde conductor of the 30's be the change be the difference.   

No comments:

Post a Comment