Thursday, May 10, 2012

My how the time flies

Just discovered this blog again and see that over a year has passed since my last entry. Well I do have an 11 year old boy, a 9 year old girl and a 4 year old girl all on hand to make the days pass delightfully.
I have been involved in a number of singing engagements since my last entry. I assisted my partner to win 'Singing with the Stars," in the Make a Wish Competition held in the Wallaroo Town Hall to an exciting 800 plus crowd. We performed songs from Phantom of the Opera, complete with the fog machine and candles filling the stage. It was such fun choreographing the walk with my lantern through the crowd in darkness. The voice filled the huge hall with the pressed metal tin roof but noone coould immediately work out where the singer was coming from. Then the spotlight lit up the stage door and there he was my partner resplendent in mask and cloak singing in top voice. When he hit that big note in Music of the night the crowd roared and I feigned a fainting spell on my park bench. Then he gently offered his hand and drew me to centre stage as we blended our arms in supplication to the beautiful music of the night. What a glorious time we had on that stage as did all of the other contestants and for such a great cause.

Then in October last year I was lucky enough to have a wonderful committee help see a dream of mine realised. We put together a concert here in Kadina for Disaster Relief and raise a good deal of money for the Red Cross Disaster Relief efforts. The theatre holds 345 people and we filled it on the Saturday afternoon. The team I had working with me could have run any Corporate gig they were so diligent and energetic, I've never seen anything like it for enthusiasm. How fortunate was I to have an idea and then such backers to make it happen. We had local talent perform for the community and everyone had a ball. We had a beautiful visual presentation at the start of photos from around the world endorsed by wonderful photographers working for top magazines who followed up with emails to see how we went.

More recently my business idea is taking form. I have found that people have sought me out for singing lessons over the last few years. The whisper in my head has become a roar and now I have embarked on a turn in the road with my career which seems to encompass all of my previous learning. My main study has been in Special Education for this I worked and succeeded in getting the Bachelor and Masters Degrees. I've worked in the area for many years as a consultant but now see the possibilities for combining my love of singing, my interest in anything to do with visual footage of singers and celebritys and my special ed. background. I am gaining a growing list of students wanting to learn how to sing and perform and hope to extend this to students with special needs.
Will keep you posted.

Tip for the day----When you breathe take your breath right down inside of you. See if you can fill your diagphram with air. You want to expand the rib cage and fill the area inside and around to your back with air and strength to allow you to sing those big notes.  One tip I have learnt is to say 'shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh until you have no breath left and then allow the air to come back in naturally. See how that fills your body and provides a structure or support from which to sing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment